Saturday, February 6, 2010

Watch out! Here I come!

Hello interweb! I'm amanda and this is MY blog :) I hope someone reads it and can share my experience with me!


I started Bikram yoga last Tuesday in January. I have gone every day but 2 (which I will be doing doubles to make up) not because I didn't want to go but because I was busy. So, this was my tenth session today, and my eighth in a row. But now, the 30 day challenge is on! And not only that, I am obsessed with going everyday.


Today I had some low points and high points. Usually I don't let what I can't do in the postures get to me, but today, I was bad and I did. My knees hyperextend and it makes it very hard for me to lock my knees. I have been working so hard to do it, but I just don't know. In standing head to knee I haven't even attempted to kick my leg out yet because I'm just trying to get that solid lamp post that isn't coming to me. I won't stop trying but it can be very frustrating to me. But now, it's on.... unlocked knee, yer going down!!!


On the other hand, my high point of class. I have REALLY tight hamstrings. And I can't stand not being able max out on the forward bending postures. RaWRRR. But today, I had a breakthrough and it felt so good to be able to do what I've never been able to do. I am starting to see "results" of all my hard work. I am not stopping now. I need to go further...so much further.


Its funny how I even dream about going to bikram yoga now. I think about it all the time. And I find myself sad when the room isn't hot enough for me. must..nott...stopp...sweatINGGG!!! Feels so good! :>


mmm and I really love those backbending postures. back bend like crazy!


Also, on an even more spiritual level, I am trying to work on being thankful for things. I don't spend enough time in the day conciously being thankful of the things and people in my life. <3>


1 comment:

  1. Nice on the spiritual stuff. I also find it enables me to be more easily filled with gratitude!

    I dream about Bikram yoga too! Today we had a special guest teacher--yoga champion, on his way to the championships next week, and he was going to demo some poses after class. I was so excited I dreamed about the class all night!

    ReplyDelete