Monday, February 22, 2010

Class #27 with...Bikram

Okay...so my 30-day challenge is almost up. I've been going strong here for quite some time, and I now find Bikram yoga an irreplaceable part of my routine. I need it in my life.

Today was an interesting class. We had a bit of a snowfall this morning (I live in Michigan..) and only 5 people including myself showed up to yoga. The instructor, Ernie, I guess wanted to do yoga today so he put on the audio CD of Bikram. It was kind of weird at first. I'm used to a live instructor but I really enjoyed his dialogue during the floor series. Bikram is a funny guy, that's for sure. I would love to attend one of his classes in person... I'm sure I will at some point.

So, during triangle pose, which as of late has been my nemesis, Ernie whispered to me something about turning my straightened leg in more. I don't know if I was doing it complelely right, but after that adjustment I looked amazing in triangle!! (only on the one side though ;P ) I felt super strong. Hopefully, this is just the progress I needed in this pose.

I was supposed to do a double on Sunday, but I just couldn't. I had the worst class EVER and it was the first time I had to sit out a couple rounds. I was disappointed in myself, but I was not feeling well. 2 EmergenC packets and a good night's sleep later, I felt better, but in no condition for a double :( I will have to make it up Tuesday or Wednesday. ERR. I didn't want to wait until the last minute, but alas... Anyway, I'm probably going to make this a 60-day challenge anyway. And I'm going to bank a few doubles just in case. My only fear is I won't be able to practice every day next week while I'm in North Carolina for my spring break (visiting my boyfriend). But... I will make it work.



No comments:

Post a Comment