Monday, February 8, 2010

new dreams vs. old dreams

What a great way to start my week! I went to the 8 am class this morning, and boy it felt great! Since I have my name on the wall for the 30 day challenge, it's always fun to put up another sticker. I can't believe I'm really doing this!


I am getting better at locking my knee too. Making progress. Still no attempt at kicking my leg out on standing head to knee, but I'm sure in the next week or two I will be ready. Then I will have a new list of challenges :) Even if I wasn't doing the 30 day challenge I would be afraid to miss a day. I don't want to undo all of my hard work! Since I have the routine pretty much memorized now, I am working hard at going to my max in the poses. Sometimes I would hold pack and not bend or stretch as much as I could. But now, it's almost as if I don't I won't be moving forward in my practive. Take it to my max, baby!


Yoga is wonderful not just for the physical benefits, but the mental as well. I went to my math class right after Bikram today and normally I fidget, a lot. I must have restless limb syndrome or something, but I practiced sitting calm and relaxed; just like I do in between asanas. Also, sometimes I think I don't breathe enough. Silly as it maybe, it's true. It's such an important part of my day, and if I focus on breathing more deeply I think it's going to make me more relaxed and less stressed.


So, right now I am going to school and majoring in biology. I love it and I have always wanted to do something "sciencey" as my career. But, I must say, I have been thinking a lot about being a yoga instructor, more specifically a Bikram yoga instructor. I know it's expensive but I can't stop thinking about it! How awesome would that be. And the training by Bikram?? I was reading online at the Bikram website and I think it's just super cool. I want to be super cool! I want to be a yoga instructor! But we'll see. I need to be patient with this fantasy because I only started doing Bikram yoga 2 weeks ago. I have done nonBikram yoga sporadically throughout the years, but... trying not to jump ahead. We'll see how passionate I am about it after these 30 days. It's bound to only increase...! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment