Wednesday, February 17, 2010

#22 with Suzanne (one of my favs!)

Today was a good class. I made sure to drink enough water before class this time, because last time I was a little dehydrated. I need to be concentrating on the poses and not the next sip of water I'll be getting. I did so much better than yesterday. My mind was so focused on my body and breathing. I hardly thought about things outside of the class. It was probably just as hot as yesterday but my mental focus made all the difference.

I think I am ready to kick out in standing head to knee finally. I'll give it one more class or two, but before this 30 day challenge is up, I'm going to kick out! My standing bow pulling pose is getting really deep when standing on my left leg. I defintely want to be able to master this one. And my hamstings are starting to loosen up again after being sore for the last 5 days or so. I like going to the afternoon classes because my body is not as tense as it is in the morning. But I like waking up to good ol' Bikram yoga class as well. I guess it's good that I mix it up then.

Toe stand is getting better. Almost got one hand up. Oh and I almost forgot! I really struggled with rabbit at first because I was rolling onto the back of my neck with pressure (wrong!!!) but I finally figured it out a little while ago and I even got a compliment from Suzanne on it! Looks like I'm on the right track with that one now. I read in someone's blog somewhere that through rabbit pose they actually increased their height. I always think this when going into the pose. Extenndddd that spine...

Lastly, in hands to feet pose, I read in Bikram's book that the only way to make progress is day in, day out determination. I try to remember this when stretching and it just feels so uncomfortable!! The only way I'll get better is by pushing...pulling through. Making progress feels good. I wish I could measure in some tangible way how far I've come. But I guess just knowing that I am will have to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment