Thursday, February 11, 2010

Still going strong. Day 15!!!

I went to yoga the past 3 days without posting! Oops! I was disappointed with Tuesday's yoga. It just was not hot enough at all. I was trying to work extra hard to work up a sweat but it was disappointing. I crave that sweat so much. So of course the last 2 days have been the absolute hottest in there! And let me just say, that it was AWESOME. Of course, all I could think at certain points was about someone leaving the room so we could get a little breeze but I really pushed myself these last 2 days.

I am becoming so much more flexible. It's amazing. It has only been 15 days of this yoga and my body is feeling great. I am becoming more in tune with my body's needs and breathing and trying to remain in that relaxed state of mind all day. I sort've feel like a zombie right now because I'm so dog tired, but I am proud of myself for working so hard today. DAy 15 :) I am going to do a double this Sunday. That should be fun. I don't think I'll mind too much because a few hours after I leave the class, I am craving it again. Wanting to push my body further.

While I am becoming more and more used to the whole experience, I am able to mentally push myself further. For example, I know I will be disappointed if I don't push myself to my max in a pose because it only lasts a few moments. The whole point of me coming to this class is push my body's flexibility and improve it and if I'm half-assing a pose, or not pushing until it hurts enough, then I feel as if I've wasted my time. I'm so hard core.

I friggin love Bikram yoga. And I'm still considering this instructor thing. I think it would be a great path for me. Maybe I'll end up making this a 60-day challenge. I am going to see my boyfriend in North Carolina in 2 weeks. I know there is a studio out there I can go to while he is at work, so hopefully I can utilize those conveniences. I don't want a day without Bikram yoga! But he does Bikram yoga too, so I can always go along with him <3 Talk about strengthening a relationship... Doing Bikram yoga next to him (he was in town 2 weekends ago) was nerve racking at first but after a couple classes with him, I loved having him sweat next to me <3

I don't know if anyone thinks this is gross but I love this in tree pose. So everyone brings their leg up and and stands on one leg, and you can hear everyone' s sweat dripping and it sounds like rain falling. I love it. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment