Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just going with the Flow.


$10000 for teacher training...lately that's all I can think of. I want to teach, I want to do yoga everyday, I want to help others feel what I feel from practice. But ten grand... I was speaking with Suzanne (my favorite Bikram instructor) and she was telling me how it worked out for her. Her circumstances were even more binding because she has a son. But, it just worked out for her..

And just like I've been learning everyday in the yoga room (I still go a steady 6 days a week), you just have to let things happen. I'm going to try my hardest, but just let it happen. I'm going to keep practicing and striving for progress, whether it be mental, emotional, or physical. Maybe, I can even apply for one of the 2 scholarships they give away. If life wants me to be a yoga teacher, I will be one. I'm not going to stop what I'm doing but when it comes to thinking that being able to afford that training is near impossible, I'm going to leave that part up to fate.

June is fast approaching and that means I am moving from Michigan to North Carolina here very soon. I am nervous about how it will work out. Mostly regarding money. I will be leaving my job of 5 years and back out into the field to find another, hopefully much better paying job. But we will see.

So, I believe in a previous entry I mentioned how much I hate hands to feet pose in half moon. It has been my nemesis. However, I think I'm close to locking my knees. I can feel it. Day in, day out determination... What a glorious day that will be. This picture I'm attaching is of me today. Hopefully in the next month or two, I will have locked knees!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mandi!
    Good to hear from you. Glad to hear you're keeping up your practice and considering TT! What a cool development that could be, if it ends up being the right thing for you.

    From the looks of your posts, you are deepening! (in your practice, your life, blah blah blah :-)

    ReplyDelete