Thursday, April 22, 2010

Panic Attacks in the yoga room = not fun

Boy do I hate self-fulfilling prophecies... I had a bad class today. Decently strong standing series, except for slipping and sliding feet in triangle and standing seperate leg stretching. I have had Panic attacks in class before. They are not fun. Looking back on it, it wasn't that bad today (which is why I will go back tomorrow==short term memory) but it was so hot I started to panic. I do not know what to do when I start to think that way. I tried to concentrate on my breath but I couldn't focIus for long. I pretty much ruined my floor series :/

And there I go again being hard on myself. Boy, I sure do learn a lot about myself in the yoga room aka torture chamber. I need an "escape plan" for when I start to panic like that again...by the way I'm panicking because it gets too hot. Despite drinking copius amounts of water before class ( about 50 oz.) and an emergenC packet, and eating properly. And by escape plan, I mean escaping my own thoughts to something more productive. I guess...practice might be the only way...

No comments:

Post a Comment